March 06, 2008

On The Phone

Ben loves talking on the phone. Today while he was talking to Dad he had to go do something so he handed me the phone and said, "Here, hold Grampa for me, and I will be right back to talk to him some more."



Once he gets you on the phone he's pretty hard to get rid of because he has a lot to say on the subjects of fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, fire alarms, burglar alarms, and various other safety related issues. I'm half kidding. Actually, he hasn't been bringing up that stuff on the phone with people as much lately, which is, I'm sure, a great relief to Glen's mom, my dad, my mom, my sister, and Noah. He still checks for a smoke detector in every new building we enter though. He's very safety conscious.

Sam shocked the socks off of some of the moms at Ben's preschool the other day because of Ben's obsession. Us mommies were standing outside Ben's classroom waiting for "class" to be over and Sam pointed up at the smoke detector on the ceiling and said, "Tector!" Then he pointed at the extinguisher on the wall and said, "Estingisher!" Then he pointed up at the exit sign and said, "Exit! Light!" You should have seen their faces. Especially since he was in his Tigger outfit at the time and they had all just been saying things to him like, "Hi cutie! Are you tigger? You're tigger! See! You're a tiger! Can you jump? Jump? No? Awe, aren't you a little sweetie."

Anyways, if you've got some free time and feel like talking to either of my children about fire safety or just hearing "What are you doing?" asked over and over, give us a call.

3 comments:

Christine said...

I have to put the cover back on our smoke detector. Ben pointed out the missing cover to me last time he was here. He is not impressed with our negligence. If I forget I am sure he will remind me. That is hilarious...the fact that he has Sam in on his obsession that is. I like how he talks on the phone...all casual like.

Unknown said...

Know what part made me laugh the most? This:

""Hi cutie! Are you tigger? You're tigger! See! You're a tiger! Can you jump? Jump? No? Awe, aren't you a little sweetie." If it wasn't so late, I would have laughed soo loud. And I'm imagining this extremely overly-done high pitched baby voice by a lady and.... oh gosh, it just can't be described.

Unknown said...

Maybe I should finish my comments before I press enter... anyway, I also wanted to say how much I enjoyed him leaning on the wall with his feet crossed... and his obsession with fire safety. I would love to talk with him about it... I also used to be quite picky about it, making sure my parents knew what to do in case of a fire.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker