May 26, 2007

The Party to End All Parties

On my birthday, May 19, we had a big party at a swimming pool. In the past, I haven't really got into the whole swimming thing, so Mummy was worried that my party would be more for all the other kids than it was for me. I ended up having a pretty good time though.

Who wouldn't have a good time with all kinds of kids and toys to play with? Wait. We're missing one in this picture...
There she is!
I got to eat pizza at a table just my size with Erika and Noah, who has some pretty hysterical stories!
After a couple tries I got to blow out the candles on my fancy McQueen cake! This one looked a LOT better than my Elmo cake did, my mummy is getting better at cake making I guess! (Maybe not as good as Aunty Melissa though.)
I did it! Wait. What is that disembodied hand doing?
That hand took out McQueen's wheel! Oh well... That just makes it more like the show! "McQueen's blown a tire! McQueen's blown a tire!"
Yum. Tastes as good as it looks.
Then it was time for presents! I got a McQueen fishing rod from Grampa and Gramma. Grampa is going to teach me how to use it next time I see him.
I got a fancy monster truck and a fireman outfit for my fatatoe head. (And another lawnmower from Brendan, that makes four!)
Here we all are enjoying the hot tub. (Except for the McMaster family. Where did those guys go?) I stayed in here for the first hour. It takes me a while to get warmed up...
... But when I do, WATCH OUT!

And now, one last picture just for Aunty, because she's been waiting a long time for this post...

7 comments:

Toad said...

that was so fun. thanks ben.

happy birthday.

footsack said...

Ben you are one lucky guy! That looked like a really good time you were all having there. Wish I could have been there. Happy Birthday!

Carol said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday. Wish I could have been there.

John said...

Sorry I missed it. Looks like you and everybody there had a blast. Next time I will be there. Happy Birthday buddy.

Sue said...

Happy birthday Ben. Looks like a great time.

Melanie said...

man i need to blog more. there's like forty pictures on here i haven't seen. happy birthday ben!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Benjamin. I didn't say it on the last post. That's a really nice cake, your mom did a good job. Maybe she'll make me a cake for my birthday. Too bad it's almost a year away again.

NOO!! The disembodied hand strikes again! What is this world coming to? I thought the disembodied hand was all about safety. Now it's poking little boy's cakes? It's going downhill, I tell you. Down. Hill.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker