November 14, 2008

First Snow

Yesterday we got our first snow of the year. I was pretty excited watching it fall in huge wet flakes all afternoon. I told my mom that we would need to go outside so we could catch some snowflakes on our tongues and make some snow angels. I had it all figured out. (I was also very disappointed to find out that just because there is snow outside doesn't mean it's Christmas. What a rip off.) Those big yummy looking snowflakes had stopped falling by the time Daddy finally took us outside, but there was plenty of snow for my snow angels.And there was just enough snow to make my first snowman. Isn't he cool?
And there was just enough snow for Daddy to teach me how to make snowballs. (Mommy is not sure how she feels about this new skill of mine, but I was pretty excited about it.)
Mommy is sure that she likes seeing me enjoy all that white stuff. I didn't used to like it as much as I do now. Remember this? (Sammy didn't used to like it as much either. See?)

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I am so happy for you that it snowed. I am also happy that you enjoy snow this year. It's hard when you're little and the snow is so scary.

footsack said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun Ben. I'm pretty sure there will be more snow coming your way :)

John said...

To bad I wasn't there to enjoy it with you. Snowballs are a lot of fun, especially when they land on your brother. But you have to be careful so you don't hurt him. Love you Ben.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker