You.
You sing lullabies in the morning.
You get stuck in the mud, again.
You tell all the world, "I'm Ben!"
And somehow it's easier to breath.
You line up all your toys.
You play your little games.
You go about your day.
And the world makes a little more sense.
You lean up against me.
You twiddle my hair.
You ask me, "Are you sad Mummy?"
And suddenly, I'm not.
Oh, my Benjamin. What would Mommy do without her special boy? How can you go from aggravating me beyond what I think I can stand, to melting my heart in mere seconds? How is it that feeling your scrawny little arms around my neck somehow fills me with more strength and serenity than anything else I try? How can you seem so completely clueless in so many areas, and yet be the smartest person I know? And more importantly, what did I ever do to deserve the love of such a bright, giving, and compassionate child? You are so good and sweet and I don't know how it happened, or why, but I am so blessed to have you in my life.

2 comments:
This post gave me shivers. And nearly made me cry. You're a great little boy, Ben. I'm glad that you can make your mommy smile and be so happy.
That is what kids are all about. They are amazing little creatures.
Post a Comment