March 20, 2006

Spring Has Sprung!

Happy First Day Of Spring!

I've been going a little stir crazy stuck in this house so we've been taking walks outside for the past few days. I have discovered the joy that only walking in puddles can give. The only problem is that I don't have any rubber boots that fit so Mommy and Daddy keep pulling me out of all the best (deepest) puddles. I cry when they do that, but I'm easily distracted by all of the parked cars on the street. As long as I'm allowed to touch the cars I stay pretty cheerful outside. Mommy gets tired of wandering from one side of the street to another looking at all of the dirty old beaters, but I bet when Grandpa comes he'll take me for nice long walks and let me look at all the cars I want. I can hardly wait! (Neither can Mommy...)

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Little boys and puddles....and cars. I hope your grandpa takes you out for hours to look at cars when he comes to visit.

Noah said...

You're lucky...you get to go outside. My Mommy and Daddy keep me cooped up all day long. And when they do take me outside they bundle me up in this BIG snowsuit that you can't walk or even crawl in. But this weekend they took me too the mall and there's this area where there's lots of other kids and a SLIDE!! I tried the slide and I LOVE it! Do you want to go sliding with me Ben? Maybe Grandpa will take us.

Unknown said...

Puddles are awesome... You'll need to get some nice rubber boots so you can see how many times you can flood them... That's the best...

And I think your mom should let you touch all the cars you want... If they're dirty old beaters, I doubt they'll care... It's not like they will be alarmed or something...

Carol said...

Reminds me of when Kyle and Josh were outside one spring, and running and laughing in the puddles, and Josh would laugh so hard, that he would fall down.!! I hope you enjoy your time in the puddles.

John said...

I plan on coming this weekend Ben. You and me and puddles and cars. Can't get a lot better. Maybe I'll buy you new rubber boots. With cars or trains on them. Then on the 28 of April I am going to go see Noah and try out that slide at the mall. lsssssssssssssssssssssssss

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a little doll or teddy or something that had a recording of Josh's laugh when he was little. I could squeeze it when I'm sad or sick and then I'd smile. Seriously, that kid had the very best giggle I've ever heard in my life. Ben - I've never heard you giggle. We'll have to remedy that sometime soon!

Becky said...

Ben has an excellent giggle... Maybe you will get a chance to hear it this summer. I hope so anyways...

Unknown said...

Oh goodness, I agree with you, Mel... that was just too cute... I think all of us up here need to see Ben... and here his supposedly excellent giggle... He's such a cute kid, at least by the pictures...

amy said...

I think this little guy deserves some nice littl rubber boots. He's so sweet. Have fun with your Grandpa Ben.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker